Kernel 2.2.x/eepro100 v1.09t no Transmit Timeouts but Oops instead

Mark Hagger mhagger@dera.gov.uk
Wed Oct 6 10:54:19 1999

I've just been trying the latest eepro100 driver, under high network traffic
load, which used to generate Transmit Timeouts in earlier versions of the
driver, I now get machines crashing pretty fatally instead.

I have an Oops output from a crash, which apparently started with a Transmit
Timeout and then went into a "Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer deference at
..." and then oops'ed.  However, I had to write this down by hand from the
screen so I'll type this back in, process it, and mail it out later.

I should perhaps say that it lasted much longer before crashing than previous
versions of the driver that just went into repeated timeouts.

Mark

--
Mark Hagger                                Tel: 01305 212803
DERA Winfrith, Winfrith Technology Centre  Fax: 01305 212103