IGEL.

Gerhard Sittig Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net
Tue Nov 2 07:16:38 1999

On Mon, Nov 01, 1999 at 14:55 +0000, Jonathan Nicholson wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Oct 1999, Donald Becker wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 28 Oct 1999, Jonathan Nicholson wrote:
> >
> > You have a duplex mismatch.  Set the switch to autonegotiate
> > the connection, rather than forcing the duplex.
>
> The switch was set to autonegotiate. I've forced both ends to
> be full duplex, but we are still seing the problems.

Force both of them to half duplex :>  If autonegotiation won't
work and you force both of them to a mode one or another (or
maybe both?) cannot handle, there's no gain.  Especially forcing
full duplex when constraints aren't met will definitely damage
performace or even prevent normal operation.

virtually yours - Gerhard Sittig