IGEL.

Jonathan Nicholson jjn@sanger.ac.uk
Mon Nov 1 09:55:48 1999

On Fri, 29 Oct 1999, Donald Becker wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Oct 1999, Jonathan Nicholson wrote:
>
> > They have a Intel 82557 PCI ethernet adaptor on board.
> ..
> > Looking at the device stats from /proc/net/dev there are a lot of
> > collisions (>1000) which I would not expect as the device is in a switch
> > port.
>
> You have a duplex mismatch.  Set the switch to autonegotiate the connection,
> rather than forcing the duplex.

The switch was set to autonegotiate. I've forced both ends to be full
duplex, but we are still seing the problems.

Any other ideas?

Regards,

Jonathan

= Jonathan Nicholson - System Administrator  +44 1223 494987 (internal 4987) =
= The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambs, CB10 1SA  =
= Email: jjn@sanger.ac.uk (Work) (finger jjn@byron.sanger.ac.uk for PGP Key) =