Compaq E100B, N100 NICs

Donald Becker becker@cesdis1.gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon May 24 18:36:29 1999

On Mon, 24 May 1999, Jason Colflesh wrote:

> The E100B model is the 82559 chipset, with the Wake-on-LAN
> option. I have also tried the previous NIC used with the 6400 EN,
> the 'N100' model which is an 82558B chipset.
> up without causing conflicts, but immediately siezes when trying
> to start the NIC.
> If any of this is ringing bells, please give me a yell. Otherwise,
> I may try poking around with the debugging tools.

It doesn't ring any bells, although I don't have i82559 here to test with.
The i82559 has been reported to work on other machines.

Donald Becker					  becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
Code 930.5, Goddard Space Flight Center,  Greenbelt, MD.  20771
301-286-0882	     http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/people/becker/whoiam.html