eepro100 performance problems

Mr. James W. Laferriere babydr@baby-dragons.com
Thu Jun 17 23:11:47 1999

	Hello Jack,  I have three of them in -low- traffic conditions
	(say workstation) that have served me very well for the last
	2-1/2 yrs.   there was some early difficulties with the driver
	& my bios settings ,  not a burp since .  Hth, JimL

PS:	I am not saying that 3com or any other cards are bad .
	I am also using 3coms & tulip based cards .

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Jack Beckman wrote:
> I just gotta say, I have read all kinds of e-mails and FAQs on this card and
> Linux, and I couldn't get the (*&(*& thing to work well ever (and sometimes
> I managed to hang Linux solid).  I swapped the board with a 3COM board in
> the Win 98 client I was trying to talk to and BAM! Instant success.  I think
> the combo of this board and Linux is, at least for the moment, a big loser.
> For the cost of cards nowadays, unless you've got a real reason to keep
> these boards (or you have a ton of them) I'd get rid of them if you're
> serious about using Linux.
>
> Jack

> Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

       | James   W.   Laferriere | System   Techniques | Give me VMS     |
       | Network        Engineer | 25416       22nd So |   Give me Linux |
       | babydr@baby-dragons.com | DesMoines  WA 98198 |     only on AXP |