Network card configuration problem

Rogier Wolff R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl
Wed Dec 16 11:13:07 1998

B.Sreemoolanathan wrote:
> Hi Don,
>
> 	I am having a problem with getting the eth0 interface in the Intel i82557
> Etherlink Express card up. I happened to see that you had written the
> driver for the card. Please help.
>
> 	I was trying to install RedHat Linux 5.0 in a PC with Pentium 200 Mhz.
> During install the Linux recognised the card and accepted the IP address.
> But once it started running, the eth0 interface is not coming up.
>
> When I try to configure eth0 using ifconfig it gives the error
>
> 	" SIOCSIFFLAGS : Resource temporarily not available"

Most likely the interrupt is already taken by something else in your
system. Try reading the web pages on donalds' site about this.

				Roger.

*   Never blow in a cat's ear because if you do, usually after three or  *
*   four times, they will bite your lips!  And they don't let go for at  *
*   least a minute. -- Lisa Coburn, age 9