[Beowulf] [EXTERNAL] Re: Data Destruction

Jörg Saßmannshausen sassy-work at sassy.formativ.net
Wed Sep 29 21:31:02 UTC 2021

Dear all,

back at a previous work place the shredder did come to our place and like Jim
said: loud, not much to look at other than a heap of shredded metal and
plastic the other end.

There is an active volcano around right now:
https://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/natur/vulkanausbruch-auf-la-palma-lavastrom-fliesst-in-den-atlantik-a-9b86cd64-d9b6-4566-9a41-06a1c0ac4a47?
jwsource=cl
(Sorry, German text but the pictures are quite spectacular)
I think the only flipside is that usually the volcano does not come to you! :D

Melting it all down is a good idea from the data destruction point of view.
However, it makes it much more difficult to separate the more precious
elements later on. Here taking out the platters first and manually disassemble
the rest might be a better way forward. You can shredder the platters and
recycle them and recycle the rest as require. Ok, I take off my chemists hat.
:D

All the best

Jörg

Am Mittwoch, 29. September 2021, 20:00:08 BST schrieb Lux, Jim (US 7140) via
Beowulf: