[Beowulf] ganglia on CentOS 8?

Jonathan Engwall engwalljonathanthereal at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 12:30:44 PDT 2020

Gmond is reads information from gmetad which reads from the tcp udp, so I
imagine you need to worry about the web side of it- openning the udp at
least. I am trying something like this, using my phone right now:

ipfw add state udp 0.0.0.0:8649

But Nagios will be part of serving a web page though. If you don't want
that, don't worry about it.

systemctc status gmond gives you red?

BSD automatically enables gmond and gmetad on startup. You should have a
hidden file to handle this. You must match the BSD file structure. Why
Ubuntu will run what Centos will not, I can't say. SourceForge docs are
written for debian.