[Beowulf] Considering BeeGFS for parallel file system

Alex Chekholko alex at calicolabs.com
Mon Mar 18 10:18:52 PDT 2019

(resending to list)
Hey Will,

I have heard good things about BeeGFS but have not yet met anyone using it.

Try it out and let us know! :)

Since you are using ZFS now, why do you want to switch?  Do you want HA?
You can do two-server active/passive ZFS HA with e.g.
https://github.com/ewwhite/zfs-ha/wiki . Do you want to scale out to many
servers?  It may be fine to just add a pile of JBODs to one system...

If you want higher performance, I don't think you will get higher
performance from the same hardware just by switching filesystems.

Regards,
Alex