[Beowulf] Considering BeeGFS for parallel file system

Will Dennis wdennis at nec-labs.com
Mon Mar 18 08:50:35 PDT 2019

Hi all,

I am considering using BeeGFS for a parallel file system for one (and if successful, more) of our clusters here. Just wanted to get folks' opinions on that, and if there is any "gotchas" or better-fit solutions out there... The first cluster I am considering it for has ~50TB storage off a single ZFS server serving the data over NFS currently; looking to increase not only storage capacity, but also I/O speed. The cluster nodes that are consuming the storage have 10GbaseT interconnects, as does the ZFS server. As we are a smaller shop, want to keep the solution simple. BeeGFS was recommended to me as a good solution off another list, and wanted to get people's opinions off this list.

Thanks!
Will