[Beowulf] Lustre on google cloud

INKozin i.n.kozin at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 26 01:23:43 PDT 2019

I'm very much in favour of personal or team clusters as Chris has also
mentioned. Then the contract between the user and the cloud is explicit.
The data can be uploaded/ pre staged to S3 in advance (at no cost other
than time) or copied directly as part of the cluster creation process. It
makes no sense to replicate in the cloud your in-house infrastructure.
However having a solid storage base in-house is good. What you should look
into is the cost of transfer back if you really have to do it. The cost
could be prohibitively high, eg if Bam files need to be returned. I'm sure
Tim has an opinion.