[Beowulf] Lustre on google cloud [EXT]

Tim Cutts tjrc at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Jul 26 00:36:27 PDT 2019

I try to avoid the phrase “cloud bursting” now, for precisely this reason.  Many of my users have heard the phrase, and think it means they’ll be able to instantly start work in the cloud, just because the local cluster is busy.  On the compute side, yes, it’s pretty quick but as you say, getting the data out there is time consuming, and if you keep it out there all the time, expensive.

Tim