[Beowulf] AMD Epyc + Omni-Path?

Bill Broadley bill at cse.ucdavis.edu
Wed Mar 21 18:10:13 PDT 2018

Anyone else running AMD Epyc (or any other non Intel CPU) and Omni-Path?

I've have some AMD Epyc 7451 nodes working, but I went to buy more only to hear
that it's not a configuration that the vendor or Intel will support.

I've never needed support from Mellanox or Pathscale/Qlogic/Intel for previous
generation infiniband cards/switches.  Generally we compile our own ofed,
libpsm, libpsm2, openmpi, mvapich, mpich, and any other related pieces we need.

There is of course the risk that some AMD specific issue hits a larger Omni-Path
configuration (we are considering 40 nodes or so).

Any thoughts appreciated.