[Beowulf] What is rdma, ofed, verbs, psm etc?

Jon Tegner tegner at renget.se
Wed Sep 20 22:02:58 PDT 2017

What about RoCE? Is this something that is commonly used (I would guess
no since I have not found much)? Are there other protocols that are
worth considering (like "gamma" which doesn't seem to be developed anymore)?

My impression is that with RoCE you have to use specialized hardware
(unlike gamma - where one could use standard hardware, and still get a
noticeable improvement in latency)?

Thoughts?

/jon