[Beowulf] Suggestions to what DFS to use

Tony Brian Albers tba at kb.dk
Sun Feb 12 23:55:43 PST 2017

Hi guys,

So, we're running a small(as in a small number of nodes(10), not
storage(170TB)) hadoop cluster here. Right now we're on IBM Spectrum
Scale(GPFS) which works fine and has POSIX support. On top of GPFS we
have a GPFS transparency connector so that HDFS uses GPFS.

Now, if I'd like to replace GPFS with something else, what should I use?
It needs to be a fault-tolerant DFS, with POSIX support(so that users
can move data to and from it with standard tools).

I've looked at MooseFS which seems to be able to do the trick, but are
there any others that might do?

TIA

--
Best regards,

Tony Albers
Systems administrator, IT-development
Royal Danish Library, Victor Albecks Vej 1, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark.
Tel: +45 2566 2383 / +45 8946 2316