[Beowulf] AMD cards with integrated SSD slots

C Bergström cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Thu Jul 28 11:40:43 PDT 2016

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 2:31 AM, Kilian Cavalotti
<kilian.cavalotti.work at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 9:06 AM, C Bergström <cbergstrom at pathscale.com> wrote:
>> Not so fast! Are you talking half, single or double precision?
>
> All of them! :)
> The S9150 is 2.53 TFLOPS FP64 (double precision), 5.07 TFLOPS FP32
> (simple precision)
> The GP100 (which you're right is probably a better comparison) is 5.3
> TFLOPS FP64, 10.6 TFLOPS FP32 and 21.2 TFLOPS FP16.
>
> Of course, those are theoretical values and real-world application
> benchmarks will probably yield different ratios, but still, it's about
> twice the theoretical oopmh. :)

AGAIN you aren't being honest - *squinty eyes*

The original quote of 2x was using a comparison against a GTX1080 -
Quote some numbers for that.

The GP100 isn't really fair because mere mortals don't have access to
it.. I'd like to see a show of hands for people outside of a tiny
circle who do..

AMD's s9300 is meant to compete against the Pascal class hardware, but
they haven't released the single asic part yet. Lets see those
numbers..

I guess you're trying to be funny, but don't cross the line into be a
trolloomph.. :)