[Beowulf] AMD cards with integrated SSD slots

C Bergström cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Thu Jul 28 10:48:55 PDT 2016

All joking aside - the best benchmark is your code. I know both
hardware so intimately well that I could easily show codes which
perform well on both sides. If you are looking to build a system and
need specific advise; I'm happy to work with you offlist.

My original point was that it's unfair to quote single precision
numbers and say 2x when double precision or half precision performance
is not a similar story.

Architecturally there are also different - AMD dGPU may be more
forgiving for codes which have higher register pressure and they
implement a native IEEE 64bit fp div and NVIDIA cards may have an
advantage in other categories.. it all depends.