[Beowulf] Book reviewers needed

Douglas Eadline deadline at eadline.org
Wed May 20 13:42:52 PDT 2015

Fellow HPC wonks:

I have been writing a book called "Hadoop 2 Quick Start Guide"

The book is designed for those admins/users who want to
get up to speed quickly with Apache Hadoop 2. The book is not
a deep dive, but rather presents the basics with some
step-by-step examples to get started.

At this point I could use a handful of reviewers to
look at content (grammar, typos, spelling, artwork etc
will get addressed in the production stage). In particular
I'm looking for 2-3 people who are NOT real familiar with
Hadoop (and maybe 1-2 people that are)

There will be two dumps in pdf format. The first is available
this Friday (~150 pp), and the second will be available the first week
of June (~81 pp). I need a rather quick turn around of 1-2 weeks.

Reply directly to me, not the list if you are interested.
For your trouble, I will send you a bound copy when it comes
out this fall (I'll sign it if you want).

And, if you are really impatient, you can even pre-order it from Amazon:
(which basically means I have to get this thing done)

http://www.amazon.com/Hadoop-Quick-Start-Addison-Wesley-Analytics-Series/dp/0134049942

Thanks!

--
Doug