[Beowulf] strange problem with large file moving between server

Alex Chekholko alex.chekholko at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 10:00:20 PDT 2014

Hi Jörg,

Sounds like a "typical" but very uncommon silent data corruption problem.
If you have another copy of the data, compare to that? If you don't have
another copy, accept the fact that some of your data maybe got silently
corrupted.

Most RAID controllers do periodic "scrubbing"; was your Infortrend doing
that?

For the new system, consider using ZFS pointed at plain disks, as it may
have more layers of checksums compared to your current system.

Regards,
Alex