[Beowulf] China to eclipse Titan with 48,000 Intel MICs?

Nathan Moore ntmoore at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 20:48:26 PDT 2013

I didn't mean any special insult to the latest top 500 entry. Rather, that
was a comment on the general nature of that list.  Does anyone know,
off-hand, how often these big machines run with all compute nodes dedicated
to a single message-passing job?  My guess is less than 1% of the time, and
for the most part these machines are used as batch servers for smaller
(N=512, 64, 32, etc) Amber/Gaussian/CFD like jobs.

Am I far off the mark?

Along similar lines, has Google or Amazon ever published their batch job
capacity (it must be in petaflops...)

NT