[Beowulf] Beowulf beer

Jonathan Dursi ljdursi at scinet.utoronto.ca
Mon Jul 22 09:30:10 PDT 2013

Coolant wanter can get pretty nasty.  We back-of-enveloped using warm water from our water-cooled systems via a heat exchanger to malt barley for beer some years ago, but the output water was too cool to be of use.  On the other hand, people are growing much more comfortable with using much warmer water to cool their systems than we had imagined at the time, so maybe it would be worth revisiting?

	- Jonathan

--
Jonathan Dursi, <ljdursi at scinet.utoronto.ca>
SciNet HPC Consortium, Compute Canada