[Beowulf] SC13: the Limulus boxen appear ...

Douglas Eadline deadline at eadline.org
Mon Dec 9 09:11:37 PST 2013

Responding to my own post, I recently tested the i7 haswell variant
of our Limulus and was 1.7 GFLOPS short of 0.5 TFLOPS (498.3 GFLOPS)
running HPL. I suppose with a little more fussing I could find
2 extra GFLOPS, but I'm impressed with what AVX2 with FMA can do,
at least for HPL, I have not checked anything else yet.

Latest results are here:
http://limulus.basement-supercomputing.com/wiki/LimulusBenchmarks

Has anyone else seen any similar big jumps in performance?
(of course compiler support is needed)

--
Doug

Doug