[Beowulf] Roadrunner shutdown

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Apr 8 07:20:50 PDT 2013

On Fri, Apr 05, 2013 at 11:48:05AM -0400, Max R. Dechantsreiter wrote:

> > As a total layman there i would suspect that it's important where the
> > protons/neutrons/whatever-tons/supertiny-tons are located. I'd be modelling
> > that naively using
> > matrixcalculations.
>
> The most important codes simulate shock propagation.

Out of curiousity, have the hydro and the radiation codes themselves
used changed dramatically since the 1970s and 1980s? Do they use
deeper levels of theory due to available performance, or do they
focus on higher precision and more batches/time units, and
interactive simulations?

(I hope above is general enough that you're not disclosing anything
too racy).