[Beowulf] building Infiniband 4x cluster questions

Vincent Diepeveen diep at xs4all.nl
Mon Nov 7 12:33:52 PST 2011

hi Greg,

Very useful info! I already was wondering about the different timings
i see for infiniband,
but indeed it's the ConnectX that scores better in latency.

$289 on ebay but that's directly QDR then.

"ConnectX-2 Dual-Port VPI QDR Infiniband Mezzanine I/O Card for Dell
PowerEdge M1000e-Series Blade Servers"

This 1.91 microseconds for a RDMA read is for a connectx. Not bad for
Infiniband.
Only 50% slower in latency than quadrics which is pci-x of course.

Yet now needed is a cheap price for 'em :)

It seems indeed all the 'cheap' offers are the infinihost III DDR
versions.

Regards,
Vincent