[Beowulf] Memory Testing?

Tony Travis a.travis at abdn.ac.uk
Tue Aug 9 05:54:14 PDT 2011

On 09/08/11 13:46, Michael Di Domenico wrote:
> [...]
> I'm curious if there is a better way, or if anyone has any opinions on
> the below (or another similar) piece of hardware that might do the
> same
>
> http://www.memorytesters.com/ramcheck_lx/ramcheck_lx_ddr3_tester.htm

Hi, Michael.

We had a RAM tester back in the day, but memory that it passed still
gave errors in the real systems we were using. I screen memory in the
system it is installed in using Memtest86+ then run Charles Cazabon's
user-mode "Memtester" on the running system to assess its reliability:

   http://pyropus.ca/software/memtester/

HTH,

   Tony.
--
Dr. A.J.Travis, University of Aberdeen, Rowett Institute of Nutrition
and Health, Greenburn Road, Bucksburn, Aberdeen AB21 9SB, Scotland, UK