[Beowulf] Parallel file systems

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Tue Jan 19 15:51:16 PST 2010

Jess Cannata wrote:

> On 01/13/2010 06:40 AM, tegner at renget.se wrote:
>> While starting to investigating different storage solutions I came across
>> gluster (www.gluster.com). I did a search on beowulf.org and came up with
>> nothing. gpfs, pvfs and lustre on the other resulted in lots of hits.
>>
>> Anyone with experience of gluster in HPC?
>>

> Yes, we've been using Glusterfs on one of our lightly used Infiniband
> clusters (32-nodes, 256 cores). We have found it to be pretty easy to
> configure and we have liked its performance. If you want more
> information, you should e-mail Joe Landman, who is also on the list.
> He's used it in several large setups.

How did I not see this ... mea culpa

Yes, we are using GlusterFS in multiple sites with multiple users.
Getting excellent performance out of it, as long as the IB can keep up.
  Long story ask me over beer some day ...

We are generating multiple quotes/RFP responses with it (one is going
out literally right now).

Bug me offline if you'd like.

Joe

>> Regards,