[Beowulf] PGI_POST_COMPILE_OPTS

Brock Palen brockp at umich.edu
Mon Jun 22 20:05:51 PDT 2009

On Jun 22, 2009, at 8:23 PM, Alan Louis Scheinine wrote:

On the Cray systems I have access to (Kraken) this variable is set to

-tp barcelona-64

Which just tells the compiler which CPU to optimize for.
I would like to use it on our system where we have a mix of AMD
revisions, using PGI's unified binary, to support all of these

-tp x64,amd64e,barcelona-64

Now I am sure many will argue against setting a value like this by
default on a system, but its much better solution than dealing one at
a time what SIGILL means.

Brock Palen