[Beowulf] Re: typical latencies for gigabit ethernet

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Thu Jul 2 03:49:58 PDT 2009

Gerry Creager <gerry.creager at tamu.edu> writes:

> Anaconda (CentOS2 originally installed a tg3 driver.

I guess things have moved on a bit since v2.

> Performance sucked (technical term)

I've known more technical ones!

> with that and we went to a bnx2 driver consistent with
> our understanding of the hardware.  It sucked less.

I checked there's no overlap of PCI ids in recent versions of the two
modules, so at least now you can't use either.  That's consistent with
my understanding from the Broadcom site too, so I guess it was specific
to old CentOS.  Thanks.