[Beowulf] progress on ifort and gfortran issue

f.costen@cs.man.ac.uk fumie.costen at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Feb 24 02:35:55 PST 2009

Dear Mark, Dmitri, Xavier, Dave, and Tom,
thank you very much for your suggestions.
First of all, I tried the compilation
with -fbounds-check option and I did not get any error
message.
When I checked the site http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortran
our gfortran which shows:
fumie at e3sfc32:~/ngs-fdcn-code> gfortran --version
GNU Fortran (GCC) 4.4.0 20081011 (experimental) [trunk revision 141054]
seems to be the latest now.

There is no file to read in as this is the
very primitive code for the new algorithm test,
 not the production code(=reference code).

We are going to try to learn  gdb so that
we can understand where the segfault comes from.

I will keep you updated.
Thank you very much for your help
Best wishes, Fumie