[Beowulf] Please help to setup Beowulf

Jeff Layton laytonjb at att.net
Tue Feb 17 12:08:56 PST 2009

Chris Dagdigian wrote:
> LSF: great product but commercial-only and a pricing model that can
> get out of hand (I remember when having more than 4GB RAM in a Linux
> 1U pushed me into an obscene license tier ...).

Just a quick comment about LSF. The resource manager you can get
with OCS from Platform, called Lava, is an open-source version of
LSF. It's a much older version, (version 4.x I think?). I don't know
LSF to understand what features it's missing but it could prove to be
a good starting point for development much like Torque.

Jeff