[Beowulf] newbie

Prentice Bisbal prentice at ias.edu
Tue Apr 21 06:55:55 PDT 2009

John Hearns wrote:
> 2009/4/20 Tomislav Maric <tomislav.maric at gmx.com>:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I'm a mechanical engineering graduate student from Croatia (Europe :) and
>> I'm doing computational continuum mechanics simulations using OpenFOAM
>> (http://www.opencfd.co.uk/openfoam/).
>
> f) as a student you get to use the Intel compilers under a free
> development license

Read the Intel Compiler license carefully. If you are getting paid by
your institution to do this work/research, you may not qualify to use
the Intel compilers for free:

"Non-commercial means you are not getting compensated in any form for
the products and services you develop using these Intel® Software
Development Products. Please check the non-commercial FAQ for more
information about qualifying for a non-commercial license.

Note that academic use of the products does not qualify for a
non-commercial license. Intel offers heavily discounted licenses to
academic developers through our Academic Developer Program."

See

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/non-commercial-software-development/:

for more information

--