[Beowulf] How to configure a cluster network

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 09:24:55 PDT 2008

I imagine a hybrid topology of certain sized subclusters connected
internally with a right topology for their size, and the subclusters
connected to each other with some other topology, etc. The way cores on a
chip are connected is different obviously from the way chips on a board, or
boards on a backplane, or boxes to routers, or routers to metarouters...and
I need hybrid-ness so that the optimization/self-reconfiguring algorithm can
do something with its platform.

So maybe just some scale component or subcluster would be hypercube, some
FNN, some tree, I don't know. I want enough wires with enough nodes so that
my application can tell **me** what topology works best for a compuational
category of applications.

Peter