[Beowulf] How to configure a cluster network

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 09:19:30 PDT 2008

My plan (like an ant contemplating eating an elephant but...) is for the
self-adapting application to optimize not just itself (which it does
already) but it's platform (which is imaginable in a complex network). So
yes, I want intelligence at the node; I want a node to decide rationally
that certain tasks for certain compuational categories of applications
should be sent to certain other nodes on the basis of their proximity,
current and maybe anticipated workload, and ram/disk/cores/interconnectivity
configuation, if that is mixed. But it's just a vague plan atm.