[Beowulf] problem with binary file on NFS

Michael H. Frese Michael.Frese at NumerEx-LLC.com
Thu Jul 24 08:38:28 PDT 2008

Jorg,

It might be that the executable is corrupted by
NFS during delivery to that node.  Once that
happens, the cached copy can stay bad.  You can
check it by comparing md5sum results on that node
and on the node that owns the original.

There's a thread back in December of last year
titled "NFS Read Errors" that tells about my
experience.  I never found a solution except to
get rid of the Redhat 9 systems....

Mike