[Beowulf] HDTV video file sizes

laytonjb at charter.net laytonjb at charter.net
Tue May 29 10:39:34 PDT 2007

Uncle, Uncle!!!

Actually that was  a good answer. I see that I need to learn more :)

So about 8-9 GB/hour....

What I have in mind is a large number of hours of HDTV being recorded to
storage.  I'm guessing that total number of hours, but I think the general
number is over 4,000 hours (about 36,000 GB or 3.6 TB). Actually it's not
that much data is it? Just a few hard drives and you've got it.

Thanks!

Jeff