[Beowulf] Teraflop chip hints at the future

Li, Bo libo at buaa.edu.cn
Thu Feb 15 17:55:43 PST 2007

Intel has been promote a conception Many Cores and Small Cores for Teraflop chip, which was reported recently.
I have done some on Cell programming and optimization. Many-Core architectures will be a bit difficult for programmers, not for its algorithms but for its inter-connection. When 80 cores are hungry with data and codes, I am afraid of the performance.  How to manage them with a better architecture will be a serious topic for us.
Cell will reach Teraflop in 2010 and currently its single performance is about 256GFlops. I think its performance is more reasonable than Intel one at moment.
Regards,
Li, Bo