[Beowulf] Beginners Forum info!

Mark Hahn hahn at physics.mcmaster.ca
Mon Nov 6 12:45:58 PST 2006

> Is there a beginners forum to subscribe to?

why a forum?  there are tons of excellent resources on the web
that you can read to get up-to-speed.  it's a lot more time-effective
for everyone if you pick up the background first.

> I just purchased 4 used PIII computers and Red Hat 7.1

why the heck would you ever bother with RH 7.1?!?

> and would like to begin learning about cluster
> computing. Where should I start?

for a demo cluster like this, just install packages from some
decent distro (FC, for instance, would support your hardware
and comes with preconfigured packages for mpich/lam, etc.)

regards, mark hahn.