[Beowulf] WOL on nforce4 mobo under linux?

Mattijs Janssens m.janssens at opencfd.co.uk
Thu May 18 00:45:06 PDT 2006

I had to change the /etc/init.d/halt script to end with

     echo '5' > /proc/acpi/sleep

just before the 'exec $command' (which normally does the halt). Anyway,
bit of a hack but sends my machines to sleep where they can be woken up.

Just try above command from command line to see if your ethtool settings
are correct & acpi is functional.