[Beowulf] ECC settings for Opteron 175 + Serverworks HT1000 chipset

Velu Erwan erwan at seanodes.com
Fri Jan 27 08:28:52 PST 2006

Bruce Allen a écrit :

> I've been corresponding off-list with Mark Langsdorf.  He's an AMD
> employee who works on Linux tools and implementation, hangs out on the
> LKML, and submits kernel patches from AMD.

Oh yes, I already meet him at Mandriva. I see its post on the x86_64
mailing. I must have remember mce ! I now remeber the mail about
mcelog... That's a shame cause I did the rpm for it :(

>    L2 Cache BG Scrub
>                 not DRAM related
>
>    Data Cache BG Scrub
>                 not DRAM related
>
> [Note from Bruce: can anyone on the list make recommendations about
> this last two, non-DRAM-related SCRUB settings??]

Sounds like we must not Scrub the memory too frequently because it might
slow down the memory access, am I wrong ? This could explain mark remark
to delay the DRAM scrubbing to its maximum value.