[Beowulf] OT: some quick Areca rpm packages for interested users

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Wed Dec 27 19:40:58 PST 2006

On Thursday 28 December 2006 14:10, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:

> on the server I am still running 2.6.18.2 and also I am not using ext3 (just
> reiser and xfs), and I am not sure when I will have a chance to reboot (that
> beast is main file server for our cluster at the moment).

Understood, we tend to use XFS whenever we can, both on NFS servers, general
service machines and clusters (though our PPC64 SLES9 cluster is running JFS
because AutoYAST wouldn't build nodes with XFS).

> resource is great indeed. forcing them me to pay money for the
> subscription is not good IMHO...

They've got to get the money to host the website and put bread on the table
for the people who do the work somehow.  They compromise by making those
weekly issues freely available after a short space of time and almost all of
their daily news articles are free from the moment they're published.

> I prefer to donate my spare time and participate in FOSS projects (I am a
> GNU/Debian DD).

Understood, and my thanks for that as a Debian (and Kubuntu) user.

cheers,
Chris