[Beowulf] Povray + MPI

Brian R Smith brian at cypher.acomp.usf.edu
Tue Sep 20 06:13:22 PDT 2005

I went through this when trying to whip up a parallel ray tracing module
for creating VMD very-high resolution videos and images (4000+ x 4000+).
I searched high and low for a POVRAY version that was parallel but it
seems development has stopped.  I'm not sure if you absolutely need
POVRAY, but Tachyon is a really nice ray tracer that offers MPI support
and is actively maintained.

http://jedi.ks.uiuc.edu/~johns/raytracer/

-Brian