[Beowulf] Help req: Building a disked Beowulf

Michael Will mwill at penguincomputing.com
Thu Aug 25 09:10:30 PDT 2005

Instead of installing Suse Pro 9.3 you might want to look at Rocks
which is a cluster-enabled distribution based on centos which in turn
is based on the sources of redhat enterprise linux. Just like centos it
is available for download free of charge, as it is an open source project.

It will make it easier for you to have a consistent configuration across
the cluster and also have all the tools for doing cluster monitoring,
scheduling of jobs, and it comes with MPI the message passing
library you might want to program against in order to create applications
that use more than one node at a time.

http://www.rocksclusters.org/Rocks/

Michael

--