[Beowulf] PVFS on 80 proc (40 node) cluster

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sat Oct 30 15:50:48 PDT 2004

Hi,

> Does anyone have experience with PVFS on a cluster
> in the range of 80 processors (40 dual nodes with
> gigE)?
>
> I am considering this over the usual NFS-master
> node stup since we expect to multiple users/jobs
> running concurrently.

on the one hand it sounds interesting. I would fear that in a cluster (where
each node should do heavy calculations and use the own disk for local scratch
data) the performance will be worse than a dedicated file server with a RAID.
What programs will your cluster run and how are the users submitting the jobs?
- Reuti