[Beowulf] Intel 64bit (emt) Fortran code and AMD Opteron

Craig Tierney ctierney at HPTI.com
Thu Oct 28 12:39:52 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 13:06, Roland Krause wrote:
> Folks,
> does anybody here have positive or negative experiences with using the
> Intel EMT-64 Fortran compiler on AMD Opteron systems?

Is it even going to work until the Opteron supports SSE3?
I suspect if you don't vectorize, or only build 32-bit apps
you will be ok.  However, for most applications the vectorization
is going to give you the big win.

Craig