[Fwd: Re: 32-port gigabit switch]

Robert G. Brown rgb at phy.duke.edu
Fri Mar 7 05:23:35 PST 2003

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Justin Moore wrote:

> > Additionally the latency on Gigabit is simply to high for large
> > clusters.  Remember on clusters latency is more important than
> > throughput.
>
>    Be careful ... I think I hear Rob Brown furiously typing up an "it
> depends" response (and I'm a few buildings away).  You shouldn't say
> these kinds of things on the beowulf list unless your mail server is
> ready to be "rgb-dot'ed". :)
>
> [ clickity click click clickity click ... ]

The rgbbot is busy.  The rgbbot will return to adding lots of useless
and frivolous commentary to simple list questions when its linux
magazine article is finished.  To observe or comment on a tiny bit of
the rgbbot's current obsession, see

  http://www.phy.duke.edu/brahma/linux-mag.html

which is NOT the article (which they'd probably rather it not
pre-publish:-) but some of the supporting stuff it can't possibly fit
in.

This has been an automated message triggered by the appearance of "rgb"
in a list article...

;-)

    rgb

(Oh NO!  A circular reference!  Prepare to be flooded by a geometric
loop...)

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb at phy.duke.edu