MPICH with shmem problem

Jeff Layton jeffrey.b.layton at lmco.com
Thu Feb 6 08:04:54 PST 2003

Good morning,

  I can't remember if I posted this particular problem to this
mailing list or not. I'm using MPICH-1.2.4 that was built with
shmem (I didn't build it) and the Intel7 compilers for Linux
and the PGI v4 compilers for Linux. When I run my code
built with either compiler, I get the following error message:

p16_12049: (1.828541) xx_shmalloc: returning NULL; requested 8825548 bytes
p16_12049: (1.828597) p4_shmalloc returning NULL; request = 8825548 bytes
You can increase the amount of memory by setting the environment variable
P4_GLOBMEMSIZE (in bytes); the current size is 9000000
p16_12049:  p4_error: alloc_p4_msg failed: 0
bm_list_6703: (3.271396) wakeup_slave: unable to interrupt slave 0 pid 6702

To me this looks like I have set P4_GLOBMEMSIZE to an
appropriate size. What am I missing?

TIA,

Jeff

--

Jeff Layton
Senior Engineer

"Is it possible to overclock a cattle prod?" - Irv Mullins

This email may contain confidential information. If you have received this
email in error, please delete it immediately, and inform me of the mistake by
return email. Any form of reproduction, or further dissemination of this
email is strictly prohibited. Also, please note that opinions expressed in
this email are those of the author, and are not necessarily those of the
Lockheed-Martin Corporation.