thermal kill switch

alvin at Maggie.Linux-Consulting.com alvin at Maggie.Linux-Consulting.com
Tue Oct 22 18:25:04 PDT 2002

hi ya

some motherboards have health monitors...
	- you can go into the bios and tell it what to do
	( shutdown when the temp hits a value )

- otherwise, install lm_sensors if your motherboard
  has a supported "health monitoring" chipset
	- double check its temp readings with a regular
	thermometer too

- lm_sensors will shutdown the machine if the fan dies too
	- fans and power supplies are more likely to die
	than an air conditioner

- room wide, have a huge industrial fan blowing air at
  the cpus ( intake fans ) ??

c ya
alvin