Tyan Tiger S2466N vs S2466N-4M

Trent Piepho xyzzy at speakeasy.org
Tue Jun 18 14:07:48 PDT 2002

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002, Nicholas Brealey wrote:
> Hello Maurice
>
> Do you have a prescription for getting lm-sensors
> working on the S2466N-4M?
>
> I got the latest CVS of lm_sensors today and installed
> it but I am rather confused over the configuration.

With the dual tyan boards you have two ways to get it working.

One is enter the bios when you boot, go the hardware monitoring section, and
push a key to start monitoring.  Now you can load lm_sensors without locking
up the machine.  You will need to do this every time you boot.  I think the
original 2466 didn't have a BIOS hardware monitor section, so this was
impossible.

The other option is to use a patch I wrote for lm_sensors that lets it init
the tyan board.  This would be the easier option....  I sent it to the
lm_sensors people some time ago, but they haven't gotten back to me and there
is still no tyan dual-amd support.

Some of the voltage sensors are still incorrect, as I didn't have certain
information about the value of scaling resistors.  Apparently, Maurice got
that data from Tyan and sent it to the lm_sensors people.  So maybe someday
they will release it and then I can fix the voltages.