PORTLAND COMPILERS

Ivan Oleynik oleynik at chuma.cas.usf.edu
Fri Jun 14 10:54:52 PDT 2002

Hi Craig,

I should be more specific in formulating my question: I DO NOT WANT to run
compilation of programs on each node, all the developer's work is supposed
to be done on master node. However, resulting MPI binary will be run
across the cluster. I don't care how many users can compile programs
simultaneously on master node, but what I care is how many MPI processes
can I utilize during program execution. Do I need to buy 48 processor
license bundled in PGI CDK cluster development kit for $3,600 or can I
survive with just PGI workstation set for $560?

Ivan

P.S. People are complaining about quality of the PGI compilers, but still,
I would like to have several compilers to compare performances for
different applications.

Ivan I. Oleynik                       E-mail : oleynik at chuma.cas.usf.edu
Department of Physics
University of South Florida
4202 East Fowler Avenue                  Tel : (813) 974-8186
Tampa, Florida 33620-5700                Fax : (813) 974-5813