About administering APC power controlers

Ramiro Alba Queipo ramiro at labtie.mmt.upc.es
Sat Jun 8 04:30:03 PDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-06-03 at 20:06, Bill Broadley wrote:
> Be warned that the apc power controllers that we have don't work
> well, I can only hook up 3 machines before I exceed their power
> maximum.

First of all I would like to thank everybody answering my message,
because it has been of a great help.
Resulting from some messages (like Bill's) I do not know if geting the
APC9212 (10 Amperes) or the APC9218 (16 Amperes) which is a 15% more
expensive. Taking in acount that a PC box do not consume more than 1
pick Ampere, the 16 A model would be enought.
What do you think about it?

What if you have a dual motherbord as the ASUS A7M266-D (which according
to ASUS it needs a 400 Watts power supply)? Would in this case the pick
consume be higher than 1 A?

Finally, we have four dual boxes with ASUS A7M266-D and Athlon 1900+ MP
and they are using a 300 Watts power supply without apparent problems.
Is this advisable?

Thans in advance (again)
Regards

--
Ramiro Alba
Laboratori de Termotecnia i Energetica

Departament de Maquines i Motors Termics
ETS d'Enginyers Industrials de Terrassa

C/Colom 11

Tf: 34 - 93 739 86 46
Fax: 34 - 93 739 81 01